Golden Eagle Lodge originated in the early 1940's as a men's only resort. John and Irene Baumann purchased it in 1976 and began building and remodeling. By 1982, the resort had grown from four to ten cabins and was fully operational for year round use. In 1994, we purchased the Lodge from Dan's
parents and currently operate the resort with the help of our three children and of course, John and Irene.
The Main Lodge contains our office and a small gift shop. We have many souvenirs, books, maps, tackle, live bait, ice cream, candy, cold pop, ice and limited groceries. We also sell all Minnesota fishing, hunting and ski licenses. A common room, with stone fireplace, invites guests to come in and sit, enjoy coffee, tea or hot chocolate, and read and look at our many reference books and games.
Our Nature Center contains many interesting items and information and is the center of our summer Nature Program. Our weekly campfire in the Tipi is a very popular event from June thru August.
We have been bringing family vacations to the wilderness for over 30 years. Our family has come to know many wonderful people from around the world who have chosen us as their wilderness destination. We are very fortunate to have a large number of repeat customers and we look forward to their yearly visits. Our children also have a great time renewing friendships and meeting new friends.
We feel privileged to share our special place in the woods with you.
The Baumann Family
Dan, Teresa, Zachary, Brianna and Jonathan
And our dedicated Staff