- The lounge area will be closed this winter season. For day skiers, we will have restrooms open in the campground bathhouse on the opposite side of our parking lot. These bathrooms are heated and will be cleaned regularly.
- The heated ski waxing room will remain open this winter to our cabin guests only. There will be a limit of one group at a time in the waxing building.
- We will be adding an additional safe way to warm up this winter. The snow will be cleared between the lodge and our waxing building; in this area, there will now be an outdoor fire ring for anyone to warm up at. We will still be serving hot cocoa, tea, and coffee outdoors. Currently, we plan on having the outdoor warming fire on weekends and during times of particularly cold weather.
- A Plexiglas barrier is installed at the check-in counter. The store remains open, but we are asking to limit the amount of people in the store area. Masks are required while in the lodge building and ski waxing room.
- Lodge hours will be from 8am to 4:30pm all winter long.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the lodge and ski waxing room. The bathrooms have soap and running water.
- Lastly, after a lot of contemplation, we are making the difficult decision to close our sauna for this winter season. We realize this is a high point for many guests after a day of skiing but we cannot find a safe way to operate it or have our staff clean it between people during this pandemic. While the heat of the sauna can get high enough to kill the virus, the changing room will not reach those temperatures and offers a warm and humid environment that the Corona Virus can thrive in. Because of this, we cannot in good consciousness offer this amenity this winter season. We hope everyone understands.
- We have always prided ourselves on having meticulously cleaned cabins. We already meet the CDC guidelines for cleaning, but we will be implementing further levels of cleaning, disinfection, and rest-time between guests.
- Check-out time will be moved one hour earlier (changed to 9:00AM) to accompany our additional cleaning procedures while also allowing for more time between guests. While we understand this may be an inconvenience, we ask that everyone comply with this out of due respect and concern for the next party occupying the cabin.
- Please contact us with any specific concerns about cleaning procedures, and we will be happy to answer your questions and work with you if you have a specific concern.
- All employees will be required to wear masks while guests are in the store and check-in area. A Plexiglass barrier is also present at the front desk.
- When engaging in housekeeping, we will be requiring employees to wear masks per Gov. Walz’s direction.
- We will do our best to offer the highest level of hospitality and customer service to each and every guest. That being said, we will be requiring our employees to maintain appropriate social distancing while providing services and interacting with guests. Some employees may choose to wear masks during all outdoor interactions as well – look for their smiling eyes!
- Masks are required while inside the lodge or in the ski waxing room.
- Our livelihood depends on each of you, our guests. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty through all of this. We are here because of you, and we appreciate your understanding of the changes we are making this winter to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Please contact us if you have any specific concerns. We will be happy to try to work with you to make you feel confident and comfortable with your upcoming stay.
Zach and Ruth Baumann