- The lounge area will remain closed to start the spring season. We hope to open it back up sometime this summer.
- A Plexiglas barrier is installed at the check-in counter. Masks are no longer required inside the lodge building. We do ask people who are not vaccinated to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the lodge and outside the lodge on the screen porch and open deck.
- Like last summer, additional outdoor seating will be offered to accommodate guests until our lounge area re-opens.
- An air purifier is installed in the lodge store.
- We have always prided ourselves on having meticulously cleaned cabins. We already meet the CDC guidelines for cleaning, but will continue to implement further levels of cleaning, disinfection, and rest-time between guests.
- Check-out time will be 9:30AM for cabins. To try to maximize the time between guests, we ask that everyone comply with this out of due respect and concern for the next party occupying the cabin.
- Please contact us with any specific concerns about cleaning procedures, and we will be happy to answer your questions and work with you if you have a specific concern.
- Our Nature Center will be re-opened this summer season.
- We will be offering an alternative to our usual nature program. If you are familiar with the National Park’s Junior Ranger program, you will find this to be quite similar! We welcome all youths to participate in the Golden Eagle Lodge Junior Forester Program! Each year will have a unique theme – no two years will be the same! Upon completion, get your own waterproof Golden Eagle Lodge 2021 Junior Forester Sticker.
- Our youth fishing contest is still on this summer! Same rules as usual – bring us your fish’s measurement and the winner at the end of the week gets a prize!
- Our paddleboat will be back on the beach this summer. This is free to use for any of our guests. Life jackets are required per state law aboard all watercraft. If you need lifejackets, please ask!
- Our livelihood depends on each of you, our guests. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty through all of this. We are here because of you, and we appreciate your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Please contact us if you have any specific concerns. We will be happy to try to work with you to make you feel confident and comfortable with your upcoming stay.
Zach and Ruth Baumann