New in 2023! WiFi has been added throughout the campground! Enjoy high-speed fiber-optic internet right from your campsite!
Golden Eagle Lodge offers a private campground with the same personalized service as our cabins. We have 9 sites, each with a picnic table, fire ring, water and electric hookups, and WiFi. Electric service is 20, 30 and 50 amp in every site. Enjoy BWCA day trips from a Gunflint Trail campsite without sacrificing showers, hot water, or electricity.
Our heated shower house has 2 modern bathrooms with hot water and flush toilets. One Bathroom is wheelchair accessible with a roll in shower. A dump station is also available. These sites were designed to accommodate all sizes of RVs, Campers, Trailers, and Tents. To keep the wilderness feel, we limit each site to only 1 camping unit (1 large tent OR 1 Camper OR 1 RV) and a maximum of 6 people. For those who wish to camp together, we offer 2 sets of adjoining sites, #2 and #3 or #4 and #5.
No Golf Carts, OHV’s, or Side-by-Sides allowed on resort grounds
Points of Interest:
- Tour the Historic Gunflint Trail with its abundant wildlife
- Canoe the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, day trip or overnight
- Enjoy Honeymoon Bluff and many other scenic overlooks
- Hike or bike our 43 miles of trails on the Central Gunflint trail system
- Visit the Chik-wauk historical museum
- Explore the Magnetic Rock Trail and self-guided Centennial Hiking Trail
For additional activities and programs, visit our activities page.
Campground Rates – 2023
All 9 of our camping sites offer water & electrical hookups. Rates are on a per-night basis.
|For 2 Persons
|For 2 Persons in Tent Site #3
|Each Additional person
Check in time after 2:00 PM
Check out time before 11:00 AM
State and local taxes are additional
Prices subject to change
- Regarding Firewood – To reduce the spread of invasive species, firewood can not be brought into or out of Cook County unless it is treated to state or federal standards. Split wood, approved for this area, is available for sale at the lodge. Firewood is sold only during lodge hours. No cutting or gathering of firewood on resort grounds. Additional information about transporting firewood to our area can be found HERE.
- Regarding Noise/Music – Outdoor music and other outdoor digital audio is not allowed at anytime in the campground or on resort grounds. Quiet time is 10pm to 8am every day. Loud/obnoxious partying is not allowed at anytime. Please respect the solitude people expect in the Northwoods.
- Regarding Lake Access – Access to the lake and swimming beach is on the foot trail by the lodge. The beach and two docks on either side the beach are available for guest use. Cabin docks are private to individual cabins. A public boat launch is available through the Flour Lake Campground. Dock space can be rented on the two lodge docks for your personal boats at $5/day. Please inquire ahead for dock space availability. Children must be accompanied by an adult when at the beach or on the docks.
- Regarding the Bathhouse – Bathrooms/showers are cleaned and checked daily. To keep these bathrooms clean and accessible for our campground guests, a code is required to enter the bathroom/shower building. This code is given to you at check-in. This code is not to be distributed to anyone not staying in our campground. Absolutely no washing of dishes in the bathrooms.
- Regarding Pets – Check out our pet policy below. Dogs must be leashed within the resort. Dogs cannot be left to bark in your campsite. If your dog is an excessive barker, this is not the campground for you.
- No washing of campers or vehicles in campsites.
- One camping unit or two sleeping tents per campsite. Each site has a max occupancy of 6 people.
- No dumping of RV grey or black water onto the ground.
- Fires are only allowed in your campsite’s designated fire ring.
- No parking in the road. Extra vehicles can be parked in the lodge parking lot.
- Fireworks are illegal in the Superior National Forest and are not allowed anywhere on resort grounds.
- Garbage is picked up daily from the garbage cans at 4:00pm. Please no garbage in the cans from 4pm to 7am.
CAMPGROUND RESERVATION POLICY
A $45 deposit per site is required when making a reservation for less than 1 week or $90 per site per week. These deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. The remaining balance for the number of nights reserved is due upon arrival. Personal checks and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & Amex) accepted. A reservation that is cancelled within 7 days of arrival will be charged for all nights reserved.
CAMPGROUND PET POLICY
Well behaved pets are accepted at Golden Eagle Lodge, resort and campground. There is a daily charge per pet and pets must be on a leash while in the resort area. Please control noisy pets so other guests are not disturbed. Dogs are not allowed in the beach area while people are swimming. Please clean up after your pet or walk it in a primitive area. You are responsible for any damage caused by your pet, including holes. Please chain your pet in such a way as to not cause harm to our young trees. View our full Pet Policy Here